According to pastor Rick Warren of Saddleback Church in California, children of God have five (5) life purposes, including Worship, Fellowship, Discipleship, Ministry, and Witness (WFDMW).
· Worship (enjoy God’s love and love Him back). Phil 4:7 - And the peace of God, which trandscends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
· Fellowship (God’s second commandment). Acts 2:42 - They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of the bread and to prayer.
· Discipleship (God wants us to grow up). Heb 5:12 – In fact, though by this time, you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food.
· Ministry (God wants us to serve other peole and significance comes from service). Psalm 116:12 – How can I repay the Lord for all His goodness to me?
· Witnessing (God wants us to tell other about God’s love). Matthew 28:19 – Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
Let’s pray… “Father-God, as we walk in faith and trust our future in you who love us, please help us to keep WFDMW in mind and our thoughts will lead to opportunities to realize Peace, Joy, Hope and your will for our life. In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen.”