New Year 2020
Happy New Year 2020… Jesus came the first time as a humble baby in a humble manger and to die... His second coming will be completely different is pastor Rick Warren’s message on Dec 22, 2019. Here are a few differences:
Four physical differences:
1. The first time, Jesus‘ arrival happened slowly. Next time, it will be instantly (1Cor 15:52)
2. The first time, Jesus’ arrival was very quiet. Next time, the entire world will hear it (1Thes 4:16)
3. The first time, only a single star was seen in the sky. Next time, Jesus will light up the entire sky (Matt 24:27) (Rev 19:13-14)
4. The first time, only a few people honored Him. Next time, everyone will honor Him (Rom 14:11)
Three spiritual differences:
1. The first time, Jesus came to save the world (John 3:16-17). Next time, He’s coming to judge the world (Acts 17:31)
2. The first time, Jesus came to die for our sins (Ephe 1:5). Next time, Jesus will come to gather His family (Matt 24:31)
3. The first time, Jesus came in humility as a human being (Philp 2:6-8). Next time, He will come as king and Lord of all (Philip 2:9-11)
By choosing to believe in Jesus’ second coming, we live for Him and look forward to His return. Titus 2:12-13 – It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope-the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Happy New Decade 2020-2030! I pray that we will continue the journey of discovering who we are in Christ: children of God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.